Boman Irani to play a Parsi in Little Zizou

Versatile actor Boman Irani is upbeat about playing the lead in Little Zizou, an English film that revolves around the Parsi community. The movie by writer-turned-director Sooni Taraporewallah also features Shernaaz Patel and Naseeruddin Shah's son Imaad. "It's an English-language film. And Sooni who's written many of Mira Nair's films is a darling woman. Though it revolves around the Parsi community and I do play a Parsi, I haven't come across any character like the one I play in 'Little Zizou'," says Boman. 
The actor has played a Parsi before. "I played an atrocious human being in Homi Adjani's Being Cyrus. Comparatively this time I'm on morally correct ground. My character dances, laughs, has fun and shares his happiness with others," he explains.
"Though it's titled Little Zizou it isn't a football film like Goal..." Boman reveals. "I do hope Goal works. We've all worked so hard on it. It's not just a sports film. But a very rugged film."
Boman is also set to work in Raju Hirani's third 'Munnabhai' film. "It's set in the US and they won't get their visas if they don't take me," he laughs.
This time around Boman plays an entirely different character. "While Munnabhai and Circuit remain the same in every film, my character gets to be a different person each time ... What fun!"

No comments:

Post a Comment